To configure your Expedient Dial-up Connection, choose your operating system below.
New Customers - Just switched from a AOL or another ISP?
Click here for instructions to remove your old ISP settings and programs from you computer.
How to determine what operating system you are using
Virtual Applications - Check our Virtual Applications page to reference screenshots used for configuration and troubleshooting.
Tutorials and FAQs
Tip: Try OS or Software Help! Try Windows built-in help and troubleshooters! Click Start and select Help. In addition, most SOFTWARE includes built-in HELP that can provide valuable information - how to perform a task, where to find a feature and how to use it, how to set options and resolving problems. Look for "Help" on a program's menu. You might find just what you're looking for! See The Troubleshooting Process - Basic Steps for some suggestions on how to attack a problem and discover a solution.
A Quick Checklist to Help Resolve Dial-up Connection Problems
Please review our basic checklist that can be used in troubleshooting dial-up connections. Although not all items on the list may apply to your specific problem, the checklist is a useful guide when troubleshooting. Click here for the checklist.
Further troubleshooting information is available below
Windows Dial-up Networking Errors
See Dial-up Networking Error Codes for the list of error codes from Microsoft. For more information, two of the many sites worth checking out are Modemsite: Dial-up Networking DUNS Error Codes and Modemhelp: Windows Errors.
-  Access is denied (Windows NT)
- [602/633] Port in use. Port already open. Your modem is being used by another application.
- [619/629] The port was disconnected by the remote machine
- [628/678] The server is not responding. The computer you are dialing is not answering; try again later. PPP Modem Connect Failure
- [629/619] The port was disconnected by the remote machine
-  The modem is busy or not responding. The computer is not receiving a response from the modem
- [633/602] Port in use. Port already open. Your modem is being used by another application.
-  Dial-Up Networking could not complete the connection to the server. Check your configuration and try the connection again.
-  The remote access server is not responding.
-  The line is busy
- [678/628] The server is not responding. The computer you are dialing is not answering; try again later. There is no answer. PPP Modem Connect Failure
-  There is no dial tone
- [691/718/635] Invalid username or password. Access denied because username and/or password is invalid on the domain. Remote Server could not authenticate the connection or Authentication Failed. Dial-up networking could not establish a connection; check your password and try again.
-  Hardware failure in attached device.
-  Dial-Up Networking could not negotiate a compatible set of network protocols you specified in the Server Type settings. Check your network configuration in the Control Panel and try the connection again. No PPP Protocols configured.
-  An Essential File Is Missing
- Adapter Error: The Microsoft Dial-Up adapter is not installed or is not responding properly.
Macintosh Dial-up Networking Errors
See OT-PPP Errors and Macintosh Errors from modemhelp.net.
Tip: Try support links and a web search Check out some of the sites on the Support Links page for finding additional information or use the search field at the bottom of the Support Links page to search the web. In addition, check the computer manufacturer or software developer's website for support; these web sites generally have a good bit of troubleshooting in addition to software updates and updated drivers for your software and system.
Help us help you! If you contact Expedient support for assistance by submitting a case online by logging in to myExpedient or contacting us by phone, please write down any error messages you get when trying to connect to the Internet. Include the name and version of your operating system and the exact text of all error messages. If this information is included in an online case submission or provided to a support representative, it will greatly speed up the troubleshooting process.
Please be aware that some troubleshooting may require uninstallation and reinstallation of operating system files. To ensure that this type of troubleshooting can be accomplished if required, please be sure that you have to have original Operating System CD or Operating system source files on disk on hand.
Was this information helpful?